SDGs 8: Decent Work & Economic Growth
- Cornerstone Development has contributed positively to the Lebanese economy by creating various job opportunities for 500 workers on the construction site and for 62 contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers. Moreover, by dealing with 36 different trades from the fields of construction, engineering, urban design and painting, Cornerstone Development took on the role of empowering national industries. This economic chain reaps benefits for all stakeholders involved in it in addition to indirect beneficiaries seeking interest in its benefits.
SDGs 9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- Cornerstone Development sponsored the Lebanese team competing in the first Global Robotics Competition held in Washington D.C. in July 2017. The team won the Albert Einstein’s Excellence Award-Bronze Medal, for exemplifying the tenets of the First Global Mission: excellent robot game performance, profound impact & ideal social model!
- Cornerstone Development served as a mentoring partner to a team participating in an environmental accelerator organized by Global Compact Network Lebanon by providing them with the resources to create a proper framework that grows their idea into viable implementation.
SDGs 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities:
- By earning the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certificate for Neighborhood Development, District //S has become the first sustainable neighborhood in Lebanon, the Arab World, and the Mediterranean Basin. This makes Lebanon the fifth country worldwide to apply for this certificate according to the USGBC LEED rating system.
SDGs 12: Responsible Consumption & Production
- Building materials employ recyclable content and technologically developed eco-friendly systems with an emphasis on energy saving.
SDGs 4: Quality Education
- In 2017, Cornerstone Development provided sponsorship for 4 schools and financial assistance to cover the tuition of Lebanese students attending the prestigious French university Hec.
SDGs 7: Affordable & Clean Energy
- District //S relies on solar-powered thermal heating and street lighting to help cut electricity requirements, and employs stone cladding and tall louvered shutters to allow the buildings and the rooms to cool during the summer and therefore cutting energy consumption.
SDGs 13: Climate Action
- District//S features a strategically located unique parking facility displayed on 6 levels and can accommodate over a 1,000 underground parking spaces, thus helping ease the congestion in Beirut reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Moreover, District //S features biking racks and preferred parking spots for hybrid and electric cars, to aid in remarkably reducing the carbon footprint within the city.
SDGs 15: Life on Land:
- In partnership with Jouzour Loubnan, an NGO committed to the forestation of arid regions in Lebanon, District //S has pledged to plant a tree in Lebanon for every square meter sold. This means that District //S will plant around 120,000 trees for its 120,000 square meter residential and retail space.